Jayden is 4 years old now and I can't believe that in less then 1 year he will be in Kindergarten. I like to get him learning toys that will help him in school later. That is why I love Educational Insights so much. They have a variety of fun and educational toys that make learning fun. Jayden knows his letters and many of the letter sounds, but still needs continued practice. Educational Insights sent us the Phonics Firefly recently to help work on these skills.
The Phonics firefly has lights, sounds, and digital speech to help your child with letters and letter sounds. The Phonics Firefly has 7 fun learning games with a variety of things to teach around phonics.
1. The Alphabet Song ~ Your child will sing along to the Alphabet song with the Phonics Firefly. Each letter lights up as it is sang.
2. Let's Learn the Alphabet ~ As your child presses a letter it will light up and tell you the name of that letter.
3. "Lights Out" Alphabet Search ~ Phonics Firefly asks your child to find each letter and if they are correct all the lights go out, but if not then they stay lit and the phonics firefly gives clues until the correct letter is found.
4. Let's Learn The Sound Alphabet ~ As your child presses a letter the phonics firefly will identify the letter, its sound and a word it starts with, (ex. The letter d makes the sound duh as in duck).
5. "Lights Out" Sound Search ~ All lights are on as the phonics firefly asks your child to find letters that make certain sounds, ex. Find the letter that makes the sound duh as in duck. If the correct letter is pressed the lights go out.
6. Secret Word Maker ~ Phonics firefly has 120 secret words for you to discover. Phonics firefly will ask your child to press 3 letters to make up a word. As your child presses the letters he will hear the sounds blend to form the word, ex. cuh ~ aah ~tuh = cat.
7. Word Explorer ~ Its your child's turn to make words by choosing 3 letters. The phonics firefly has over 500 3-letter words. If your child puts together 3 letters that make up a word the phonic firefly will repeat the letters and say the word. If your child puts together 3 letters that do not make a word it will simply prompt him to try again.
Jayden was excited to play with the Phonics Firefly. I love when he is excited to play with something that also teaches him. He sang along to the alphabet and loved seeing each letter light up. In the "Lights Out" Alphabet search Jayden was able to find all the letters fairly easily. In "Lights Out" sound search he did well also. While playing secret word maker Jayden repeated the letters and words that he spelled. I think Jayden's favorite game is word explorer. He loves pressing letters and seeing if it makes a word. Most the time he just randomly picks letters and they don't make up a word, but he loves trying and playing. The phonics firefly is helping to build his alphabetic and phonemic skills. I think this is a great item for any preschooler to help prepare for school.
Buy it: Educational Insights Phonics Firefly $49.99
Win it: One (1) Arizona Mama Reader will win a Phonics Firefly.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you to Educational Insights for sponsoring this review and giveaway.
I was provided the above mentioned product for review purposes. I was not compensated in any way. All thoughts and opinions are my own and not influenced. disclosure