I am happy to share another great learning product from Learning Resources. I was recently sent the Jumbo Endangered Animals. This set includes 5 different animals that are on the endangered species list. There is a black rhinoceros, manatee, giant panda, cheetah, and albatross. The animals all have great detail. The wrinkles on the rhino and manatee are realistic. They are well made from a thick plastic. The set also comes with an activity guide. The activity guide gives lots of great information about each of the animals in the set. It gives information like why the animal is endangered, where they live, and special characteristics. It also gives discussion starters and a couple of activities.
Did you know??
* Unlike black bears, pandas cannot walk on their hind legs and do not hibernate in winter.
* Black rhinos eat grass and are considered "grazers," just like cows.
* Manatees are very intelligent, have excellent long-term memories and, like dolphins, can understand and perform complex tasks.
* There are 21 species of albatross - one of these, the great albatross, has a wingspan of ll feet, the largest of any bird.
* The cheetah is the fastest land animal, able to sprint up to 75 miles per hour.
I pulled out the box of Jumbo Endangered Animals and Jayden was of course immediately interested. I opened it up and he immediately asked questions. He started to name the couple he knew. I corrected or helped with the couple he didn't know. We talked about the animals and a little about each. I told him they are all endangered and of course he asked what that meant. We talked a little about them, but mostly Jayden just likes to pretend play with them. He was pretending today that the manatee was swimming really fast and then he broke his tail so he was swimming slow and then it got better and he went fast. Such a 4 year old play game. There is so much play that can happen with these animals. Pretend play is such a valuable skill to learn and why not add in some other learning.
The Jumbo Endangered Animals are for ages 2 years and up. I really think they can be used for many years. There are so many learning uses for these animals. Any child that likes animals would love these. They would make a great gift.
Buy it: Learning Resources Jumbo Endangered Animals $29.99
Win it: One (1) Arizona Mama Reader will win Jumbo Endangered Animals
Enter in the Rafflecopter form below! This giveaway will be open until 10/27 at 12:01AM (EST).