The Super Bowl is always a great time to get together with others and enjoy the game with yummy snacks. When John and I first started dating we would watch the Super Bowl at a bar and watch the game with lots of other people. I think the last time we saw the Super Bowl out was when the Cardinals were in it and Jayden was only 8 months old. For the last 4 years we have made the Super Bowl much more of a family event.
This year former NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson and his wife Torsha have teamed up with Kellogg's Snacks to create a snacking strategy for Super Bowl party hosts that is also kid friendly. LT's snacking tips are:
- Advance the ball: As guests arrive, start with dry mixes to prime their beverage selection. Move on to refrigerated dips when all "players" are on the field - this way the dip doesn't sit out too long and everyone gets their fair share.
- Go no-huddle: Set up the beverages along the sidelines of the room to avoid a buildup around the drink cooler.
- Prevent pile-ups: Divvy up each appetizer on the line of scrimmage with several separate bowls and place them in different areas around the house.
- Keep a clear field: Place messier dips over hardwood floors and easy-to-clean areas to avoid dripping on the carpets and couches – a major penalty.
- Call audibles: As quarterback of the party, don’t be afraid to switch up your strategy on game day to keep the partygoers happy.
Preparation Time: 15 Mins.
Total Time to Serve: 20 Mins.
Total Time to Serve: 20 Mins.
INGREDIENTS1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion or sliced green onion
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash of pepper
36 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
36 slices pepperoni
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS1. In small bowl stir together tomato paste, onion, water, oregano, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Spread on one side of each cracker, completely covering cracker. Arrange, tomato side up, on baking sheet.
2. Top with pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4- to 5-inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Doesn't that sound and look good!?! There are many other great recipes also, Cheez-It Bayou Blitz Mix, Roasted Red Pepper Dip, Chocolate Dipped Pringles, Rice Krispies Treats Footballs, And Fudge Shoppe Fudge Stripes Layered Bars. Also, I thought I'd share a fun video of LaDainian Tomlinson and his wife Torsha.
What is your family friendly game day snack plan? I have a fun prize pack to giveaway to one lucky reader.
Prize Pack includes:
o Cheez-It T-Shirt
o Cheez-It ceramic snack bowlo Kellogg’s brand cutting board
o Autographed football signed by LaDainian
Win it: One (1) Arizona Mama reader will win a the above prize pack.
Enter in the Rafflecopter form below! This giveaway will be open until 2/17 at 12:01AM (EST)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was provided the same prize pack in exchange for this post. I was not compensated in any way. All thoughts and opinions are my own and not influenced. disclosure