Sunday, January 12, 2014

Monster Energy AMA Supercross

I was provided tickets to the show in exchange for this post.  All thoughts and opinions are my own and now influenced.  Displaying Supercross 3.jpg

     Yesterday was a fun day and night with the boys.  We attended the Monster Energy Supercross downtown at the Chase field.  We arrived before the races so we could go to the pit.  The pit was set up more on the outside of the building.  They blocked off some roads and a big area so they could line up the motorhomes and trailers with tables.  We were able to see some bikes and even a few riders.  Unfortunately we did not get there for any autographs, but we had fun just walking around and looking.  Evan loved all the music and Jayden liked looking at all the bikes.  When we were done we headed back to our car to grab a bite to eat.  Inside the food is so expensive we decided to pack a dinner.

     When we were finished we went into Chase field to find our seats.  We were sitting in a great spot and were able to see the whole field.  The opened the roof for the opening since there were fireworks going off.  They of course started with the flags.  Then they introduced a few of the riders.  I admit I don't follow Supercross so I didn't know who any of them were.  But as we watched I decided I liked Chad Reed on the #22 bike.  Not only did he have my favorite number, but when he came out he brought his son.  His son has a little mini dirt bike like his and rode around the track behind him.  It was the cutest thing!

     Once everyone was introduced a couple of guys came out and went over the track and how the racers would be following it.  Then they set the racers ready to do.  The races began and it was exciting to see them drive by.  I quickly got lost with who was in first.  They did jumps and turns.  There were a few minor crashes, but nothing serious.  The next set of racers came out and we watched it all over again with new riders.  There was a group that was riding and it seemed like they kept having riders down and everyone crashing.  There was even a really serious crash and all the riders had to go back and start again.  After a long time the guy was able to finally stand and walk to the cart with some help.

     At one time there were even some little kid riders.  They were only 7 and 8 years old.  They were so cute riding their bikes around the big track.  The boys became tired and it was getting late so we left before it was all over.  We had a fun time.  Make sure you check out the schedule and see if they are coming to your town.

I was provided tickets to the show in exchange for this post.  All thoughts and opinions are my own and now influenced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment